An audit is a statutory requirement which comprises the independent, external evaluation of the entities' accounting system and testing of transactions to form an objective opinion, on the fair presentation of financial information.
MVB provides an audit compliant with the International Audit Standards following a risk based approach, which includes a detailed risk assessment with the objective of identifying high risk areas. The high risk areas identified, directs audit effort, which in turn lends itself to a cost-effective audit.
The features of our approach are:
- developing an understanding of the entities activities and the environment in which it operates;
- performing a thorough risk assessment;
- developing an audit plan;
- considering the control environment; and
- communicating findings with management.
We have private and public sector involvement to enable us to perform the audits with the required quality and efficiency. Private sector clients range from small, owner-managed businesses to large enterprises.
The audit gives both management and external parties the assurance that the financial data is credible to use when making informed decisions.
Our audit and assurance division offers the following services:
- Statutory independent audits
- Financial reporting (IFRS and IFRS for SME)
- Analysis of financial information to further business efficiency and risk identification
- Comprehensive experience with all manner of charitable and non-profit organisations both small and large
- Independent reviews
- Agreed upon procedures